Search This Blog

Saturday 16 March 2013

PREMER NSW A SPECK ON THE MAP

Premer Railway Station
  A stop at Premer, the half way point between Gunnedah and Coonabarabran. I've just travelled on "The Back Stump Road" and The Tambar Springs to Premer Road a pretty drive. The Tambar Springs Road in particular is lined for much of it's length with Native Regeneration Forest with Gums and other  Native Species planted close to the road so that an avenue effect results with a leafy canopy the almost meets overhead. The surrounding Country is flat but wooded, very pleasant all round.
  Back to Premer, consisting of a surprisingly Modern Pub, what looked like the Country's smallest Railway Station, a house come Post Office and a couple of broken down old houses.Why the Pub is here I can't fathom and how it makes any money beats me.    

                                Premer Pub

Premer Post Office

I had read on "The Grey Nomads" Forum that the Lion's Park here was a cheap place to stay and that it was popular. Very small is the description and chock a block with Vans. At $12 with Power it IS popular for sure. An old Aboriginal Bloke and his (white Family) had also stopped to use the Toilets. As soon as I got out of the Hiace beside them he started a friendly yarn. He was a lovely Fellow treating me like an old friend. The rest of the occupants in the park were not so forthcoming. they were all parked close together and now I think back were probably a group. I said Hi to one lady as she passed me by, she mumbled something in reply and continued walking, very rude I
  Not here for me was the decision so off again, the rest of the way to Coonabarabran.

No comments:

Post a Comment