Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 May 2013

INGLEWOOD and CARISBROOKE CAMPING and FISHING RESERVE QLD

  If it wasn't for "Camps6" and my GPS I would never have found this Free Camp. On the Cunningham Hwy 15 kms west of Inglewood, it is in a deep gully beside the Macintyre River and unseen from the road. I only then confirmed it by driving of to the side and seeing the roof of a Coaster on the river bank. There is a hint a large garbage skip bin that the Council leaves beside the entrance. Beware that the 50m metre track down to the campsite is steep, rough and narrow and you should check first if towing. I had no problem.
  It was worth the effort, a short narrow grassy strip right next to the bank, no Toilets, I have my own now anyway. The bus aforementioned, a tent further along and me in this tranquil setting, I liked it. Talking to the Coaster Guy, there are Yellowbelly to catch here and yabbies for bait are plentiful. I am a "Coastal" Bloke and have yet to try freshwater fishing, I don't think that I have the right gear with me. While chatting he mentioned that he came here regularly and for me to beware that if it rains I should be prepared to move quickly as the River has a tendency to flash flood and inundate the camp. He reassured me though, that if this was imminent then either one of the local Farmers or the SES would warn ahead of time. I hope it doesn't rain!
  I spent the next two days here taking in the wildness of the place, it seemed like we were miles from anywhere (if it was not for constant truck movements on the Hwy). This is a great place to stay for free if you are passing by this way.





 











 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job.
    camping and fishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the mcintyre brooke not river

    ReplyDelete