Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 February 2013

WARIALDA NSW

Just 8k from Cranky Rock campground travelling west towards Moree, still on the Gwdir Hwy. A tiny place at the bottom of the New England Tablelands (320mtrs) , established in 1837, with a main Street of about 300mtrs! It looked as though about 50 people lived there, in fact the population is 1100. I called into the modern Information Centre yesterday before going to Cranky Rock and the ladies where helpful and friendly. It's a designted RV Friendly Town so has a new modern Dump Point just before entering.
The district is devoted mainly to crops with 19 different types grown. The Town centre (one street that is) hasn't much to recommed. There was an Heritage Tour of Old Buildings described but I could only find a couple of any note. After half an hour  had seen the lot so moved on to Moree about 80k West.

Note: Internet connection is too slow tonight even though I am in Moree, a reasonably sized Town so I can't upload pics , will do when possiblle.
also I misspelt Warialda (was Warialdra) in previous posts, my apologies to the Townsfolk, again will fix when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment