Search This Blog

Saturday 16 February 2013

ELLENBOROUGH TO STOCKYARD CREEK NSW

I highly recommend this drive across the Great Dividing Range along the Oxley Hwy towards Walcha NSW. The road climbs and winds through forest with some great views of the valleys below and 310 corners along a 40k stretch. Its fabulous for Motorcycles and there were dozens, probably because it's the weekend. I stopped at Stockyard Creek Rest Area for a breather. A nice spot with a great view of a hairpin bend flanked by bush. I watched for ages the many Bikes negotiate the corner, mostly Harleys in twos and threes with the odd Jap Bike. I think I will have to get my riders licence back, it reminds me of my younger days.
Towards the end of the bends there was the quirky Gingers Creek Store, sitting on a bend in the middle of nowhere. It was also a place to stop for the Bikes as they sold grog! I bet they make a fortune as it is about 70k from the last shop and 80k to the next. Proceed the on to Walcha where I will book into the Caravan Park (highly rated by fellow Grey nomads) for a couple of nights to wash some clothes and check out the Town.

Stockyard Creek Rest Area on a Hairpin Bend at the end of a stretch of 310 corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment