Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 February 2013

URALLA NSW

Uralla is about 45k North West of Walcha along Thunderbolts Way, a narrow rough and ready alternative to the New England Hwy which would be a trip of about 95k. Scenery was uninspired sheep grazing country. Uralla Town is also a bit boring with nothing but a short main street of ordinary shops and a couple of Pubs. I wanted to stay at the Fossicking Reserve about 6k from Town (Camps 6 N163). The road in was rough corrugated gravel and the Campsite was tiny with nothing but a Bush Toilet. I think I am spoilt after Aspley Falls Campground. Consequently I've decided to stay at the Uralla caravan Park for $22.00 with power, again nothing too exciting with clean but old amenities. Moving on tomorrow to Dumaresq Dam Recreation Area, 14k out of Armidale for something better I hope.


The Old Wool Store Museum Uralla NSW


No comments:

Post a Comment