Search This Blog

Monday 27 October 2014

LOUIS' LOOKOUT via BORDEN WA

  An absent or incompetent internet connection has been the reason that I have not posted for a while. The relatively strong signal that I now have, although probably temporary, may allow me to begin a catch up.
  I decided to break my southern journey to Albany with a detour east to Borden, my gateway to the Stirling Ranges and the National Heritage listed National Park, renowned for it's diverse species of wildflowers and abundant native fauna.
  Since it was quite late in the day and the weather forecast was not promising,  I chose to stay at Louis' Lookout just outside of Borden. As it transpired the rain and gale force winds did come so the lookout became my home for a couple of days. It amazes me sometimes when I am alone in such a place that I seem to appreciate the surroundings more. I was able to take head of  the beauty of the expansive views across thousands of acres of wheat that appeared to extend all the way to the majesty of the ranges some 30 kms away. As a bonus, a walk around the little campground and along the roadside that connected it to the main road, led to the discovery of many a floral tribute to the early spring.
(Click on a photo to enlarge)





























   
Not much in Borden except a Pub that was closed

A General Store that was open and a small 24hr Rest Area opposite that was much appreciated 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment