Search This Blog

Friday 14 March 2014

BACK ON THE ROAD - TRIP No 3 IN MY NEW HOME

 Yes, it has been a long time since my last post, around 4 months in fact. I do hope that I can rekindle the interest of my previously loyal readers. My last post was way back at the end of October last year when I described the bush camp at English Bridge in Vic. From there I moved only a few kilometres away to Greens Lake once again,  where I spent an entirely pleasant 2 months with many Grey Nomad Forum friends.  A highlight was Christmas day by the lake, when about 15 of us celebrated with an amazing festive lunch prepared with input from all. It had been many years since I was not with family for Christmas so having friends around made this time just a little less lonely for me. From there I traveled to Sydney and caught up with my daughters and grandchildren whom I had not seen for many months. A delight was to see my new identical twin grandsons for the first time, now 7 months old. It was very difficult to leave eventually, l for the final leg of the trip and my return to Nelson Bay for a couple of months
  The big news for those that have not already heard,  is that I have sold the trusty Hiace and moved up in size to a Toyota Coaster Bus ( Henceforth referred to as" The Coaster" or "The Bus"). I found it by accident on my return to Nelson Bay, during a casual search for available rigs no the Internet and had just enough funds to enable me to purchase it. It is a 1987 model , diesel, long wheal base, around 7 metres long, in very good condition, that was converted from a 22 seater School Bus by a previous owner. A bit old fashioned inside but  very spacious compared to the Hiace that I was beginning to feel was just too small to live in full time.
  The plan for this Trip #3 is to travel to Nth Qld via the new England Tablelands of NSW and eventually meet up with a few mates at a place called Wuruma Dam. From there a few of us intend to go north to Darwin and explore the WA coast before crossing the Nullarbor Plain back into SA, Vic and  for me eventually back to Nelson Bay. I expect that this will take most of this year.
  So please come on the road with me once again to discover new places and towns and experience free camping in the wilderness.

(Remember to click on a picture to enlarge it)






























Plenty of room inside The Coaster







1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve, just found yr blog :-) its great, I MISS MY BUS :-( but am glad u r the owner now, I hope she is looking after u like she looked after me. Keep on busin' & have good time for me tooooo xxx

    ReplyDelete