Search This Blog

Saturday 18 May 2013

WARWICK and LAKE LESLIE (DAM) Qld

  A short visit to Warwick with it's nice architecture and mid week hustle and bustle. A reasonable size with a population of 12000 and 180 kms SW of Brisbane it felt welcoming with friendly smiles from the locals as I roamed around taking  photos.









  My intended destination, Lake Leslie lies 15 kms from Town the last 3 kms of which is gravel, a bit on the rough side but. The lake is a popular fishing and boating spot for locals and as I found out also a getaway for some from Brisbane. No info or stats of the Lake were available.. There is a day area at one end of the accessible area and a Caravan Park adjacent. Amenities were clean and adequate and fees reasonable at $9 per head per night and $3 for power. I scored a good spot as close as was possible to the water's edge with a pleasant view of the resident Pelican flock and Fishermen in their tinnies. Here I will stay 2 nights and rest up. Next day a sudden influx of Campers, Caravans and Motorhomes turned into a steady stream until the place was all but full. I had not realised that it was the Anzac Day long weekend,  I therefore suggest that those that my contemplate a visit be wary of peak periods as the place loses a bit of it's charm when overcrowded.

(PS: I seem to have lost the Photos of Lake Leslie so you will have to visit yourself, sorry)

1 comment:

  1. very nice images you have share in you post. i am more happy to visit this post.
    plumbers warwick qld

    ReplyDelete