Search This Blog

Thursday 2 May 2013

NINDIGULLY PUB QLD



 
 

 Passing through the Town of St George Qld and about 155 kms from Dirranbandi I am at the Pub. Nindigully is one of those must visit places on anyone's itinerary I am told. An old 1880's Country Pub with a colourful history described by various displays around it's wall. This is really a Tourist destination these days, the population of Nindigully is 9 and 7 of those work at the Pub. There are no other commercial buildings here. The Pub's claim to fame is it's Menu. A 5.5 kg Hamburger that feeds up to 6 for $60. I heard that larger are for special order ranging up to a massive 27kg Burger that costs over $100 and feeds up to 30! If you want a T bone, 500gm and $45 or a Rump at 400gm and Fillet at 300gm, impossible to eat. The rest of the Menu includes Battered Barramundi or a Pot Pie (which I had and it was cold before I sent it back) for $25, all a bit pricey. Needless to say most of the occupants of the 15 or so Vans here ate at the Pub tonight.
  The Free Camp beside the Moonie River and old Bridge was a bit rough consisting of uneven dirt ( that would be mud in the wet), with some tress scattered around. It wouldn't take many more rigs than about 20. Toilets and Showers at the Pub. The place is very popular so I suggest that travellers be prepared to squeeze in and if it is wet then beware.
  I managed to take some good photos of the river and the Bridge, I hope that you agree.
















1 comment:

  1. I like No:8 photo Steve, you have it framed perfectly by the trees.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete