Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 October 2015

MY HOME TODAY - A short poem

my Home Today

The mountains sing an invitation in the trees
Waving their cool welcome in the breeze
Have never ever been this way
Now need to find a place to stay
Somewhere for me to make my stamp
A simple, lonely wanderer's camp
Unfurl the swag and make a fire
By river bank that's my desire

I sit and watch the flaming dance
Read memories as if in a trance
And contemplate the recent past
Such good times surely meant to last
I thank the trees for pointing here
To make this choice so very clear
If there was a fee would gladly pay
I'm glad I found my home today

2 comments:

  1. Hope you keep finding interesting homes Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Steve, I'm writing this in late 2017. Are you still on the road?

    ReplyDelete