Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 April 2014

WURUMA DAM VIA EIDSVOLD Qld

  I have spent the last couple of weeks with some of my close Grey Nomad friends at delightful Wuruma Dam  situated in rural SE Qld between the small towns of Eidsvold and Monto. Noted for its beautiful views and as a venue for fishing and water sports, Wuruma Dam is situated on the Nogo River between. It lies approximately a 2.5 hour drive west of Bundaberg and has a sealed road access from the Burnett Highway via Abercorn. The dam was built in three years from 1966 at a cost of $5.3 million. It is a mass gravity concrete structure with a storage capacity of 165 400 megalitres. the only downside is that there is no Phone or Internet connectivity hence, the time lapse since my last post. I have found that Internet coverage in particular is not as good here in Qld as it is in other states.
  There where 9 other Grey Nomad forum members here when I arrived, My old mates Jules and Billeeeeeee, Marj (Happy Wanderer), John (Yeoeleven), Rod (Rover), Roy (Highwayman), Paul (My Van) and John and Maryolaina (Cruizin Cruise). Except for Cruizin Cruise I had stayed with all the others at Greens Lake in Victoria last Christmas.
   From here Jules, Billeeeeeee, Marj and I intend to embark on a new adventure together over the next few months and travel to Darwin and then down the west coast of WA before crossing the Nullarbor Plain back to the east. I expect that there will be plenty to talk about and many pictures to show so why don't you come along with us.
  We have now left Wuruma and have begun the journey west along the Burnett, Capricorn and Leichardt Hwy via Biloela, Emerald. Longreach, Winton, Boulia and Mt Isa and then on to the NT border. My next post will probably be from Bedford Weir near Blackwater after a couple days drive with overnight stops at roadside free camps along the way.
(Click on a Photo to enlarge it)












  
Sunset at Wuruma Dam














No comments:

Post a Comment