Search This Blog

Thursday 13 December 2012

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP

Well I have been busy getting the Van ready for the big trip. It is a 1993 Toyota Hiace Commuter, a type of minibus with the seats removed so it was perfect for a Campervan base. It is a Diesel and so should be fairly economical. I had it fitted out by Macron Campers at Ourimbah on the central coast of NSW. They did a great job and I highly recommend them for a fit out, modifications or repairs. Talk to Brett if you need help and mention my name, you will get excellent service. Here are some pics of the fit out process:










 
I have just added a flat screen TV, a GPS and a few other gadgets. I intend to fit a UHF Radio as well. I will see how the first trip goes and if necessary may fit Solar Panels on the roof and Satellite TV at a later date.

I have given away heaps of stuff that I had but no longer need like tools etc to friends and neighbours and only have a some clothes left...no turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment