Search This Blog

Thursday 17 October 2013

BACK to PARACHILNA and the GORGE

  I returned to the Prairie Hotel at Parachilna since I needed to take the 35 km dirt road that led to Blinman and the Eastern Flinders Ranges. Parachilna Gorge is another wilderness area that is about 12 kms from the Pub. Very different to Warren Gorge, Parachilna stretches along the dry bed of what was once a large river with scattered campsites for about 5 kms. The fact that it was School holidays was evident as most of the suitable camp sites were occupied with Caravans, Trailers and Tents. I found a place that I could share and still keep my distance. I would like to come back one day when it was a bit quieter and explore a bit deeper.






Evidence of a more permanent home here for some in  the past







No comments:

Post a Comment