Search This Blog

Monday 24 June 2013

BELLINGEN to DANGAR FALLS via DORRIGO NSW

    If you travel this way then you will be rewarded with an amazing drive. Only 45 kms but feels a lot further since I had to work hard at the wheel. Climbing the range with sharp and narrow bends I gave the gearbox a good workout while managing still to take in the wonderful scenery. To arrive at little Dorrigo and take a deep breath and reflect was indeed welcome though.
 I needed to contemplate the next part of the journey. Should I continue west and the expected bitter cold of Armidale or turn north where it would be minor roads through the mountains until Grafton. I reserved a decision until I had a look at Dangar Falls, only 2 kms from Dorrigo's main street.
  The falls could be viewed in the near distance from an observation platform and picnic area (no camping allowed). A worthwhile interlude here without being outstanding I thought.
  As I mused over my options for the rest of the day I struck up a conversation with two Ladies travelling in a nice Motorhome. I was concerned that the back road to Grafton would be a bit of a risk as it passed through some wild country so asked their opinion. Luckily they had travelled that way a few times and assured that I would be fine, if not a bit cold. My decision was therefore made and that is the direction that I will go.







No comments:

Post a Comment