Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 June 2013

A NEW TRIP BEGINS AT LAST

  I am itching to get going again. I've been here at Nelson Bay NSW, my home base, for about 4 weeks now. A 200 watt Solar Panel has been fitted to the roof of the Hiace hopefully, meaning that indefinite "Free Camping" may now be possible, we will see. I also added a decent Stereo Unit to the back of the Van to liven things up a bit, 600 rock songs from the 60's to 90's should do the trick. There's been another hold up, a routine Doctor's appointment turned up a few problems that needed sorting out which has taken a while. Finally, with or without Doctor's approval I am leaving tomorrow June 12th for a new and this time more extensive travel experience.
  Originally, I planned to tour as much of  Qld as possible over the next 6 months or so. In recent days however, two of my "Grey Nomad" friends, (Jules and Billy) have suggested that I accompany them on a trek through Qld to Mt Isa then across to the NT, on to Alice Springs and then Ayers Rock. I jumped at the chance as that's a trip I would prefer not do alone as it passes through some very remote places and its better to have others nearby in case of breakdown etc. A rendezvous is planned in a couple of weeks in Southern Qld. In the mean time I will travel Nth along the NSW coast then turn inland to Boonah, the meeting point. From there plans for the next leg will be made.
  So, keep calling in, come along with me and let's discover what's around the next bend. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment: