Search This Blog

Saturday 13 April 2013

NYAH RECREATIONAL RESERVE Vic

 Its too far to reach Mildura tonight so I need to find an overnight camp, preferably free. Referring to my trusty "Camps Australia Wide" where the Nyah Recreational Reserve, not far NE of Swan Hill had a "Tick" meaning that it offered something special.
 And so it was. A long strip, right on the Murray with plenty of spots to choose from and ample River Gums for shade and popular but room for all. This will do despite the lack of facilities (a Toilet Block 300 metres away) in fact, I may stay here a couple of nights since its a few days to "Pension Day" and I aim to Free camp until then. The other campers are friendly and I became involved in "Traveller's Chats" as I strolled along the River bank having a look around. A few camp fires, on a cool, clear evening does the trick to make this a worthwhile stopover.
  Morning brought a sudden drop in the temperature form what has been the norm however I managed to get by in my shorts and tee shirt until the usual mid 20s was reached in a couple of hours. I expect that it won't be long though when I will be at Broken Hill, on the edge of the desert and back into the mid 30s. I do hate cold weather and intend to chase at least mid 20s during all my trips year round.
 Another overnight stop is required before I reach Mildura, I didn't realise it was so far from Echuca. I have chosen a free camp at Lake Benanee just across the border in NSW near the Town of Euston.








No comments:

Post a Comment