Search This Blog

Thursday 11 July 2013

GLEBE WEIR at TAROOM Qld

  I had my first set back today. On arrival I discovered that the Solar Panel Charger had stopped working. Only 2 months old and already failed. I have been more than happy with the performance of the Solar System to date as it has provided plenty of power and allows for indefinite Free Camping. Fortunately I have brought the suppliers details with me and so called them. It appears that there is an internal fuse that may have failed or if not they will refund my money if I send the charger back to them. Its a big job to check the fuse as I have to remove the unit from the system which will take quite a while. I will do that when we stop for more than just overnight and continue on without Solar Power.
  Glebe Weir is a recommended place that although not free is only $7 per night with power, quite reasonable, with an honesty box for fee collection. I wonder how many sneak off without paying even though it is so cheap. A fairly small site, it does offer a quiet interlude for the dozen or so that have stopped on their northern trek. There is no phone or Internet service so I am posting at a later date.

(8/9th July 2013)

 A nice sunset is always a plus wherever I am  












No comments:

Post a Comment