Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 May 2013

LITTLE LAKE, NERANIE NSW


Well, this is my last Camp before returning to my Home base at Nelson Bay to prepare for the next trip to Northern Qld. And what a beautiful place it was too, in the Myall Lakes National Park, right on the Lake shore. Set in a 300 year old Paperback Forest with resident Kookaburras with magic views of the Lake, I had it all to myself for two days and nights. This is why we do this Grey Nomad stuff. Grassy but a bit damp, there are 10 small Camping Sites all close to the Lake's edge, 4 spotless Drop Toilets and normally fresh water (someone stole the water tanks so a sign said). About 200 metres further along the almost bitumen smooth gravel road there is another "Forest" Camping Area with 10 small sites and access to the lake via a walking track.
  Only a young family of picnickers on Sunday otherwise not a soul around for the whole time I was there. The Info Board said that a fee of $5 per car per day and $10 per head per night for camping applied but no one came to collect so I got off free. I do have a NWS National Parks Pensioner Exemption Card so I probably didn't have to pay much anyway. Unfortunately there are no dogs allowed so some of you may miss out otherwise this is a must stop if you are travelling this way. Coming from the north it is south of Forster on the Lakes Way, take the Seal Rocks turnoff to the left and after about 7 kms look for the "Little Lake' signs. It is in Camp6 (NSW104) or 35 kms or so north of Bulahdelah.



 
'
 





 
 


















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment